Your donation of goods directly helps a local family.
procedure to accept furniture donation
Once you call in to offer a donation, we line up an inspection of the items to be donated. We strive to be prompt with the inspection, and once the inspection passes, we'll schedule a pick-up. We inspect for quality, cleanliness, inventory needs of the GAP Ministry. For donations coming from outside of Worthington, we apologize for being unable to assign an inspection or pick-up due to the limited driving range of our volunteers. However, you may schedule an inspection of the items when you drive them into town.
WE WELCOME THE FOLLOWING NEW OR USED FURNITURE ITEMS
ALL DONATIONS SHOULD BE IN GOOD TO EXCELLENT CONDITION
- Upholstered furniture should be free of any major rips, stains, or excessive fading.
- Wooden items should not have excessive watermarks/discoloration, chipped edges, missing hardware/parts, etc.
- Appliances & furniture must not smell of mildew, mold, smoke, or pets.
- Please CLEAN each item thoroughly so it is ready to give to a family in need.
- Bed frames & headboards
- Mattresses & box springs (NO STAINS OR RIPS, GOOD CONDITION ONLY)
- Bunk bed sets and trundle beds
- Kitchen tables & chairs
- Sofas and Loveseats (no sleeper sofas or sofas over 80" long)
- Armchairs & recliners
- Dressers & chests
- Occasional tables (i.e. end tables, side tables)
We can use the following appliances in GOOD WORKING CONDITION
- Washing machines & electric dryers
- Electric stoves
- Average-size refrigerators & Small freezers
- Vacuum cleaners
- Air Conditioners
- Space Heater
Items we CANNOT accept at this time
- Baby cribs
- Sleeper sofas
- Waterbeds & Platform beds larger than twin size
- Entertainment units
- Armoires over 60" tall or 54" long
- Pianos and other items that are over-sized or excessively heavy
- Office furniture (Unless really nice)
- Outdoor furniture
- Exercise equipment
- Televisions & other electronics
- Gas appliances
Download Items We Can Accept PDF